Monday, March 3, 2014

Geeking out about Your Personality.


I'll admit it, my friends think I'm a bit of a geek. A few years ago, my friend Mary told me to take the Meyers Briggs personality test, and I LOVED it. It was kind of the first thing in life to actually understand me. (kidding.. I think.) I was so excited about it- I just remember reading it and feeling like it was talking really- just about me. After I got the results, I went to see a movie with my bestie, and I seriously read the entire explanation of my personality to her during it. She was just as excited as I was. (ha.)

I'll try not to bore you too much, but there's a little more info on the background and explanation of it here. Basically, you take the quiz and the results give you a four letter type. Since there are 16 types, I'll just say- you can be introverted/extroverted, sensing/intuitive, thinking/feeling, judging/perceiving. I'm an introvert, and people tend to characterize us as "shy". After reading a little more, being introverted doesn't necessarily always mean you're shy, it just means you process things internally and get your energy from being alone- while extroverts process externally- being around people energizes them. (I'm kind of understanding why they think I'm a geek after typing this all out.) The test can tell you based on your personality what your strengths and weaknesses are, what career is ideal for you and what you should eat for breakfast. Oh, hey just making sure you're still paying attention.

I think one of the reasons that I love these things where you dig into who you are is that there is something beautiful about being truly known. There's a part of me that struggles with wanting to be known by people who I do life with. I want to have a value and "a place" by who my friends and family see me as. And it doesn't always work out how I want it to. (#singlegirlprobs) But there is something so romantic about our Creator- that He TRULY knows my heart- and yours, and designed us to be exactly who we are. Each one of us holds a unique and specific value to Him. How amazing is that?! But really, go read Psalm 139:13-16.

I suppose all of that makes it sound like I'm saying this little quiz is dumb. And it kind is:) But I think it is SO important to simply know yourself, and maybe after this you'll have a bit more sense of direction. And just maybe you'll turn into a geek like me:) And, since I make all of my friends take them, I am excited for you to take one here. And really, we don't judge if you get a little geeky. After you take it, let us know your results:)

Oh yeah, I'm an INFP

2 comments:

  1. i knew we were real twins! i am INFP too. not a big shock, but a little fascinating nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh twinkies! that is hilarious and i'm totally ok with it:)

      Delete