Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snack Time Like it's Art.

This week we're focusing on how to elevate the everyday to art status. For my project, I chose snack time. My kids eat constantly! Snack time has a way of eating my soul, so I thought it could use a little something special. We went with comfort food, homemade blueberry preserves and then some fresh turnovers.


 Canning just floats my boat, and I think I've figured out that it's not really about preserving food for me. In fact, most of the time I just give them away. I think it's the calming process, how rich the colors of the fruit are and all those delicious smells. And of course, I love to decorate the cans. I had a bunch of leftover jam that needed a home, so I made some turnovers. Using our time to create memories and every sense in my body for this snack. And it was a nice way to spend a winter morning, actually.


So now it's your turn. How do you elevate the everyday to art? Your life is a canvas. What are you painting this week? We want to see your Art pictures. Post to Instagram and tag #thebelovedsociety to share with us all. 

1 comment:

  1. cooking brings me joy - now I can think of it as art as well :) Those turnovers look lovely and delicious!

    ReplyDelete