Thursday, June 19, 2014

Art School: The Crowns


But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9

Now that your Art Girl is coming along she needs a few finishing touches. As a member of a royal priesthood, every girl needs a crown! Absolutely all my art girls have some sort of crown. The techniques are pretty self explanatory, but I'll just run through some of the things I've tried.  

The girl above is sporting sticky backed rhinestones and a gold painted tiny starfish. Below, the middle gal is wearing paper flowers. The girl on the right, a feather and a simple painted gold headband.


Sometimes I really like to sew on canvas. This one is a piece of ribbon stitched on with embroidery thread.



This one has tiny glass beads embroidered onto it. The big blue one is just a sticker. 


I find myself being drawn more and more to the simple flower crown these days, though. To achieve this, start with your greenery. I do a simple two-stroke leaf, like a pointy oval. Then I just do blobs of color for the flowers. When it dries, I doodle a bit. 

The sky is absolutely the limit. You can be so creative with these! I hope you are having fun with this series. I can't wait to see what you guys are coming up with. Anybody giving it a go?! Be brave. It's just paint! You can even paint over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment